Trick or Treat Brownie Recipe
These brownies take very little time to make because they start with an easy homemade Mom’s Brownie Mix, (although I haven’t tested it personally, store-bought brownie mix is very similar- except that it contains preservatives and several things most of us can’t pronounce - and will most likely work in a pinch) and have very few ingredients.
Almost any fun-size candy bars will work, as well as M&M’s, which I use to fill in around the bars; Kit-Kat bars, however, don’t taste as good as other bars in these brownies because those crunchy layers end up tasting like cardboard when baked, so just eat those Kit-Kats while you are placing the other candy bars on top of the brownies.
4 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
2 cups grated zucchini
1 tablespoon vanilla
30 fun size candy bars, including M&M's candies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the Brownie Mix, zucchini, eggs, and vanilla; spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Arrange the candy bars over the surface of the batter; fill in the spaces with M&M's.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until set (do not overbake).
- Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly on a rack before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 70
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 6% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 115 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.