This dip is easy to make, especially if there is already the versatile Italian Meat Mix Module in the freezer. Otherwise, the module can be prepared, unattended, in the slow cooker; it will be a big help to every busy cook on weeknights to make dozens of great Italian dishes in less than 30 minutes.
Serves about 24 as an appetizer, less for a main dish
2 cups Italian Meat Mix from the Basic Italian Meat Mix Module
1 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce, or use 3 cups homemade spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup dry red wine
1 to 3 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, (packed)
- Place the Italian Meat Mix in a 2 quart slow cooker.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, red wine, red pepper flakes, and zucchini.
- Cover and cook on high until bubbly; about 1 hour.
- Stir in the cheese, a handful at a time, and stir until melted.
- Turn the dip down to low and serve with Brittle Bones.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 53
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 21% Carb. 23%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 326 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 2%