Another time, scoop the batter into cupcake liners to make delicious, decadent cupcakes. Decorate the topping with valentine candies to make it more festive.
1 18.25 ounce white cake mix, or substitute cherry chip cake mix
1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup cherry liqueur, or cherry flavored coffee syrup
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a standard Bundt pan with Bakers Joy or grease and flour.
- Mix the white cake mix, eggs, and cherry pie filling until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared Bundt Pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and invert onto a cooling rack.
- Poke holes over the top of the cake with a fork and pour the liqueur or coffee syrup over.
- Let the cake cook completely.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a microwavable bowl; microwave 3 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes then whisk until smooth and thick.
- Transfer the cooled cake to a serving platter.
- Pour the topping over.
- Let sit until the topping is set.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 101
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 3% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 14 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%