What says Valentine’s Day more than chocolate and cherries? Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake is perfect to serve on the special day or any other day for that matter. While it looks special and complicated, it isn’t; no one will guess that the cake starts with a cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling. It’s quick, easy, moist, and decadent.
Another time, scoop the batter into cupcake liners to make delicious, decadent cupcakes. Decorate the topping with valentine candies to make it more festive.
1 18.25 ounce white cake mix, or substitute cherry chip cake mix
1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup cherry liqueur, or cherry flavored coffee syrup
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a standard Bundt pan with Bakers Joy or grease and flour.
- Mix the white cake mix, eggs, and cherry pie filling until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared Bundt Pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and invert onto a cooling rack.
- Poke holes over the top of the cake with a fork and pour the liqueur or coffee syrup over.
- Let the cake cook completely.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a microwavable bowl; microwave 3 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes then whisk until smooth and thick.
- Transfer the cooled cake to a serving platter.
- Pour the topping over.
- Let sit until the topping is set.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 101
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 3% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 14 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%