Red, White, & Blueberry Krunch Squares are so easy, even older children can make them by themselves. However, itís always a good idea to have an adult close by when kids are using a microwave. Dried cherries can be substituted for the cranberries, if necessary, but donít try to substitute margarine for the butter; the flavor makes a big difference in the taste of the finished squares.
These squares are not just for patriotic holidays; they are good year round and will be requested again and again.
2/3 cup butter
1 16 oz. package marshmallows
8 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried blueberries
- Place the butter in a very large microwave-safe bowl (I use a giant Tupperware Bowl); microwave 30 seconds to one minute, or until the butter is melted.
- Stir in the marshmallows and coat them with the butter.
- Microwave 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until the marshmallows have melted; stir well until the butter is mixed with the melted marshmallow.
- Mix well and press into a buttered 11 x 17 inch jelly-roll pan.
- When set, cut into squares. (Itís easier to cut these sticky bars with a wet knife
Amount Per Serving
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 24
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 26% Protein 3% Carb. 71%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 94 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 3%