Crusty Onion Cheese Bread can be quickly assembled ahead of time and taken camping or on a picnic – it can be heated at the site in the fire away from the direct heat. It’s yummy, too, and the possibility of leftovers is doubtful.
1 loaf French bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 package onion soup mix
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the bread into 3/4" slices almost through to the bottom.
- Mix the butter, soup mix and cheese.
- Spread the mixture on the bread slices.
- Reassemble the loaf and wrap tightly in foil.
- About 15 minutes before serving, place on the heated grill off the direct heat (the top shelf over whatever other food you're grilling works well).
- Close the lid and let "bake" for 15-20 minutes or until the slices are crusty on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
- Alternately, bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 92
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 77% Protein 13% Carb. 11%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 523 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%