This Italian mulled wine is a standard part of winter festivals in northern Italy.
- 3 bottles Italian red wine (about 2.25 litres)
- zest of 3 lemons
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- Pour the wine in a large pot.
- Add the lemon zest cinnamon, whole cloves, and the sugar.
- Heat until it just begins to simmer, but don't boil.
- Strain and serve in ceramic cups.
Note: Vin brulè is traditionally served with panettone.
Bella Wine Recommends
Wine Cup - Rustica Peppermint Swirl
Vin brulè is served in ceramic cups such as this one. It is hand-made and hand-painted in Italy. It is 100% food safe, with a bright, cheery pattern.