Vin Brulè -- Italian Mulled Wine
This Italian mulled wine is a standard part of winter festivals in northern Italy.
- 3 bottles Italian red wine (about 2.25 litres)
- zest of 3 lemons
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- Pour the wine in a large pot.
- Add the lemon zest cinnamon, whole cloves, and the sugar.
- Heat until it just begins to simmer, but don't boil.
- Strain and serve in ceramic cups.
Note: Vin brulè is traditionally served with panettone.
Bella Wine Recommends
Wine Cup - Rustica Peppermint Swirl
Vin brulè is served in ceramic cups such as this one. It is hand-made and hand-painted in Italy. It is 100% food safe, with a bright, cheery pattern.
You Should Also Read:
Mulled Wine Recipes
Klingon Blood Wine
Try a Spritz for the Holidays
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula S.W. Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula S.W. Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Peter F May for details.