Although these bars are very easy to make, and they go together quickly, it is a waste of the time it takes to put them together if the highest quality ingredients aren’t used – especially make sure you don’t substitute anything for the butter. The buttery taste is prominent and perfectly complements the extra sweet candy corns and the not-too-sweet chewy base. Also, make sure you let these bars cool completely or they will be difficult to cut; the chewy-gooey parts need to set before cutting. After that, if there are leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container for about a week.
32 Bars or Squares
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups candy corns or autumn crème mix (same but with pumpkins)
- Preheat oven to 350°; line a 9" x 13" sheet pan with parchment or Silpat, or spray generously with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter in a large microwaveable bowl, about 1 minute; whisk in the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder until well-mixed. Stir in the candy corns or autumn crème mix.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 55
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 3% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g 9%
Saturated Fat 4 g 18%
Cholesterol 29 mg 10%
Sodium 140 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 22 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%