Candy corns start appearing in grocery stores at the end of summer and are a reminder that fall is almost here. These little candies seem to be the candy of choice for Halloween through to Thanksgiving and almost everybody likes them. They can be eaten plain, but also added to baked goods and puddings. Gooey Candy Corn Blondies are especially good with those ultra-sweet little candies, and the chewy crust and gooey center will make them a favorite.
Although these bars are very easy to make, and they go together quickly, it is a waste of the time it takes to put them together if the highest quality ingredients aren’t used – especially make sure you don’t substitute anything for the butter. The buttery taste is prominent and perfectly complements the extra sweet candy corns and the not-too-sweet chewy base. Also, make sure you let these bars cool completely or they will be difficult to cut; the chewy-gooey parts need to set before cutting. After that, if there are leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container for about a week.
32 Bars or Squares
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups candy corns or autumn crème mix (same but with pumpkins)
- Preheat oven to 350°; line a 9" x 13" sheet pan with parchment or Silpat, or spray generously with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter in a large microwaveable bowl, about 1 minute; whisk in the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder until well-mixed. Stir in the candy corns or autumn crème mix.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 55
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 3% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g 9%
Saturated Fat 4 g 18%
Cholesterol 29 mg 10%
Sodium 140 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 22 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%