This cake is actually better the day after it’s baked and will keep for several days (if it lasts that long) in an airtight container.
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
3/4 cup butter, (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups glace cherries, half red and half green
2 tablespoons flour
- Place the ricotta cheese in a fine strainer set over a bowl; let sit at least an hour to drain excess liquid.
- After the ricotta has drained, preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a standard tube pan (angel food cake pan) with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until very light.
- Beat in the drained ricotta cheese; add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer set over the ricotta mixture; shake through and mix on low speed until the flour is well-incorporated.
- Toss the glace cherries with the 2 tablespoons flour; carefully fold into the cake batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tube pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 115
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 36% Protein 7% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 331 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 3%