Christmas Pound Cake Recipe
This cake is actually better the day after it’s baked and will keep for several days (if it lasts that long) in an airtight container.
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
3/4 cup butter, (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups glace cherries, half red and half green
2 tablespoons flour
- Place the ricotta cheese in a fine strainer set over a bowl; let sit at least an hour to drain excess liquid.
- After the ricotta has drained, preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a standard tube pan (angel food cake pan) with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until very light.
- Beat in the drained ricotta cheese; add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer set over the ricotta mixture; shake through and mix on low speed until the flour is well-incorporated.
- Toss the glace cherries with the 2 tablespoons flour; carefully fold into the cake batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tube pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 115
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 36% Protein 7% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 331 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.