My personal experience with prayer and meditation comes from around the world - the teachings of the Bible, Patanjali's Sutras, the transcendentalists, and other writings from recorded history.
As a background to my Ph.D. in religious counseling I studied philosophies, guidelines, methods and teachings of eastern and western religion, and from the plethora of techniques I put into practice what works for me.
Here are my offerings on the BellaOnline Meditation site describing various ways to approach meditation and meditate - you'll find them listed in the Subject list:
1. Meditations for Reflection - reading a passage and thinking about the lesson it imparts.
2. Eastern Meditations - for direct communion with soul, spirit, Higher Power.
3. Stress Relief Meditations - to regain body-mind harmony when tense and feeling out of sorts.
4. Meditations for Kids - stress relief and finding personal harmony.
5. Meditations for Teens - stress relief, regaining harmony with techniques for now and the future.
6. Interfaith Prayers - for reflection and help in finding the answers we seek, to give comfort and to express appreciation.
7. Meditations for Peace - the power of prayer and meditation for our own and the common good of our world-wide family.
8. Free Lessons - choices for those interested in a self-paced series for learning.
From these offerings there is sure to be a technique that will work for you to have a closer relationship with your body, mind and spirit working in harmony for personal peace, joy and planetary spiritual blossoming!
I invite you to join me in a daily world peace group cyber meditation. Click the article here to read about it.
Meditation Lessons for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Meditation for All Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Sign up below or in the right-hand column for our meditation site newsletter. It only requires your email address and is never given out or sold to anyone. If at any time you wish to stop receiving it, each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe. Each person must sign up themselves. We can't sign up for you. It is an easy way to keep abreast of new articles on the meditation site. Make meditation part of your daily routine and let the Bellaonline meditation articles help you select just what kind of meditation is right for you, whether you are a child, teen, or adult, a beginner, or advanced practitioner.
Article by Susan Helene Kramer