Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Ways to Meditate from Around the World
My personal experience with prayer and meditation comes from around the world - the teachings of the Bible, Patanjali's Sutras, the transcendentalists, and other writings from recorded history.
As a background to my Ph.D. in religious counseling I studied philosophies, guidelines, methods and teachings of eastern and western religion, and from the plethora of techniques I put into practice what works for me.
Here are my offerings on the BellaOnline Meditation site describing various ways to approach meditation and meditate:
1. Meditations for Reflection - reading a passage and thinking about the lesson it imparts.
2. Eastern Meditations - for direct communion with soul, spirit, Higher Power.
3. Stress Relief Meditations - to regain body-mind harmony when tense and feeling out of sorts.
4. Meditations for Kids - stress relief and finding personal harmony.
5. Meditations for Teens - stress relief, regaining harmony with techniques for now and the future.
6. Interfaith Prayers - for reflection and help in finding the answers we seek, to give comfort and to express appreciation.
7. Meditations for Peace - the power of prayer and meditation for our own and the common good of our world-wide family.
8. Free Lessons - choices for those interested in a self-paced series for learning.
From these offerings there is sure to be a technique that will work for you to have a closer relationship with your body, mind and spirit working in harmony for personal peace, joy and planetary spiritual blossoming!
Article by Susan Kramer; photo credit of pond near North Sea by Stan Schaap
For offsite reading
Meditation for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages.
Meditation for all Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Susan Helene Kramer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan Helene Kramer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Susan Helene Kramer for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.