Bella has her own cooking webpage, Isabella Cooks, that features lots of kid-friendly recipes, as well as cooking hints and kitchen rules.
1 9” baked pie shell
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 pint fresh raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup cornstarch, or 1/3 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups hot milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the bottom of the pie crust; set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the raspberries (save a few for garnish) with the sugar and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.
- Filling: Mix the cornstarch or flour and sugar in a large microwaveable container.
- Add the 1/2 cup milk, salt, and eggs; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the hot milk, and return to the microwave, stirring every two minutes or so until it boils.
- Add the butter and vanilla; add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour the raspberry mixture over the raspberry jam in the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Pour the chocolate filling over the raspberries.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the chocolate filling to prevent a film from forming.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and the reserved raspberries.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 223
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 43% Protein 5% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 25 g 38%
Saturated Fat 12 g 59%
Cholesterol 94 mg 31%
Sodium 330 mg 14%
Total Carbohydrate 67 g 22%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 5%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 16% Calcium 0% Iron 8%