A tablespoon-size cookie scoop makes quick work of these cookies – much faster than using a tablespoon; the scoop also insures that the cookies are uniform in size. Scoops in all sizes are available in department stores, restaurant supplies, and online. Another time, use a larger scoop (1/4 cup size),bake the cookies for a longer amount of time, and fill with ice cream for great ice cream sandwiches.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups oatmeal
2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy; add the eggs and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the oatmeal and butterscotch chips.
- Scoop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets 1 1/2" apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Let sit on the baking sheet a minute or two before transferring to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 84 Calories from Fat 41
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 5% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 72 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
To purchase a cookie scoop from Amazon:
Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 1 Tablespoon, 35mm
Oxo 1055893 Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop
Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 56MM (4 Tablespoon)
Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set