1 18.5 ounce orange cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup Triple Sec liqueur, Grand Marnier, or non-alcoholic orange flavored coffee syrup
2 1/2 cups Cranberry Orange Filling
4 cups Cream Cheese Frosting
1 orange, cut in half, then thinly sliced
- Prepare the cake as directed on the package for 2 9" round layers.
- Cool on racks and remove from the pans.
- With a serrated knife, slice through the layers horizontally, making 4 layers.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the liqueur over the cut side of each layer.
- Place the top of one of the layers, cut side up, on a serving plate.
- Spread 1/3 of the cranberry orange filling evenly over the layer.
- Top with the bottom of the layer - cut side down.
- Spread the layer with 1 cup cream cheese frosting.
- Place the bottom of the remaining layer over the cream cheese frosting and spread 1/3 of the cranberry orange filling evenly over the layer.
- Top with the remaining cake layer; press the layers down a little so they stick together.
- Reserve 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting, and spread the remainder over the sides of the cake.
- Spread the remaining cranberry orange filling over the top of the layer.
- Transfer the reserved cream cheese frosting to a decorating bag and pipe a border around the top of the cake and the bottom.
- Place orange slices evenly around the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 104
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 3% Carb. 62%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 63 mg
Total Carbohydrate 47 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 1%