Holiday Cranberry Orange Cake Recipe
1 18.5 ounce orange cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup Triple Sec liqueur, Grand Marnier, or non-alcoholic orange flavored coffee syrup
2 1/2 cups Cranberry Orange Filling
4 cups Cream Cheese Frosting
1 orange, cut in half, then thinly sliced
- Prepare the cake as directed on the package for 2 9" round layers.
- Cool on racks and remove from the pans.
- With a serrated knife, slice through the layers horizontally, making 4 layers.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the liqueur over the cut side of each layer.
- Place the top of one of the layers, cut side up, on a serving plate.
- Spread 1/3 of the cranberry orange filling evenly over the layer.
- Top with the bottom of the layer - cut side down.
- Spread the layer with 1 cup cream cheese frosting.
- Place the bottom of the remaining layer over the cream cheese frosting and spread 1/3 of the cranberry orange filling evenly over the layer.
- Top with the remaining cake layer; press the layers down a little so they stick together.
- Reserve 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting, and spread the remainder over the sides of the cake.
- Spread the remaining cranberry orange filling over the top of the layer.
- Transfer the reserved cream cheese frosting to a decorating bag and pipe a border around the top of the cake and the bottom.
- Place orange slices evenly around the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 104
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 3% Carb. 62%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 63 mg
Total Carbohydrate 47 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.