Marshmallows are easy to cut in half with kitchen scissors; just dip the blades in water before cutting and the marshmallows won’t stick to the scissors. You may be tempted to use miniature marshmallows, but I've found they are too small and don't melt as well as the bigger pieces.
6 cups Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1 sleeve graham crackers (5.5 ounces)
1 10 oz. package marshmallows, cut in half
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the cookie mix and eggs.
- Spread 2/3 of the mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Using the smooth side of a meat mallet, pound each of the sides of the sleeve of the graham crackers; the pieces should be broken up, but still quite large pieces.
- Mix the pieces with the marshmallows and the chocolate chips, then sprinkle evenly over the crust.
- Top with spoonfuls of the remaining oatmeal mixture, distributing as evenly as possible. It will spread during baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool thoroughly before cutting into 24 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 120
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 5% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 44 mg
Sodium 229 mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 45 g 15%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%