If you make this in the summer you can put the crock pot in the garage to keep the house cool.
This pot roast is so very delicious, and so easy to make, you might want to teach your teenager how to make this. This will become a frequent and favorite meal.
In our house, we have it probably once a month - it's a family favorite!
Gather all your ingredients:
• 2 1/2 pound boneless chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
• 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup flour
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 cup beef bouillon (one time I didn't have any bouillon on hand so I used a package of onion soup mix and 2-3 cups water)
Follow these simple steps:
1. Cut the boneless chuck into 2-inch cubes, or buy it already cut into cubes.
2. Coat beef cubes with 1/2 cup of the flour (put the flour in a bag and add the cubes a few at a time- shake to coat them)
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan on the stove and then brown the cubes of meat.
4. Drain off excess fat.
5. Into your crock-pot or slow cooker put the browned meat.
6. Add the onion, salt, pepper, garlic.
7. Turn control to high.
8. Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours (all day) until meat is tender.
To make the gravy:
Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount of water. (You can do this by using a bottle with a lid and put the flour and water in it, put on the lid, and shake well.)
Stir into meat mixture, cook on high for an additional 30-40 minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Another easy meal for the Crock-pot or Slow-cooker
Barbecue Brisket and Noodles
This meal will take you back in time as you recreate your grandma's brisket with this easy slow cooker recipe.
You will love the combination of the the spicy horseradish and the rich barbecue sauce. Your family or friends will love eating this tender meat with wide noodles.
Gather these ingredients:
• 2 1/2 pound beef brisket
• 1 cup bottled hickory-smoke barbecue sauce
• 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
• 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 12 ounce wide noodles
Follow these easy instructions:
1. Place brisket in slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, horseradish, mustard, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour over brisket.
4. Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until brisket is tender.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
Arrange sliced meat on noodles and top with sauce.
Your family will appreciate all the hard work you did to make this wonderful meal.
Don’t let them know how easy it was! Just enjoy the compliments!