This soup is especially good served with freshly baked Irish Soda Bread, either Yeast-Raised Irish Soda Bread or Traditional Irish Soda Bread. It’s perfect for a cool night, and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound shredded cabbage (about 1/2 of a medium head)
6 cups water
2 cups basic Cream Soup Mix
4 to 6 cups leftover potatoes from the Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner, diced
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes, or 1 small chopped onion
2 to 4 cups diced corned beef
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot.
- Add the cabbage and sauté until softened.
- Add the water and whisk in the Cream Soup Mix.
- Stir in the potatoes, onion flakes, corned beef, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 153
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 18% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 768 mg
Total Carbohydrate 36 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 17 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 75% Calcium 0% Iron 11%