Although the vegetables need to be washed and cut, the job goes quickly and takes less than 15 minutes for even the most inexperienced cook. And if there are no fresh herbs in the garden, dried herbs can be substituted – Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, etc.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
1 small green bell pepper, quartered and sliced
1 small red bell pepper, quartered and sliced
2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 pound fresh tomatoes, cut into 1/2" chunks
1/4 cup fresh herbs, (basil, oregano, marjoram, chives, rosemary, etc.) chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 59 Calories from Fat 19
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 16% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 89% Calcium 0% Iron 6%