Makes 24 small Tarts
2 Batches Basic Pie Crust
16 ounces Traditional English Mincemeat Filling or a 16 oz. jar Prepared Mincemeat
- Roll the pie crust to 1/8" thick.
- Cut 24 2 3/4" - 3" rounds and press them into regular-size muffin cups.
- Reroll the dough and cut into 24 Christmas shapes (1 3/4") such as star, bell, holly, etc.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes while the oven is heating to 425°, then bake the shells for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press down any puffed areas.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Divide the filling among the pastry shells; top with one of the Christmas shapes.
- Brush the shapes with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350° and bake the tarts about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Leave in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 79
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 4% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 156 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%