Mincemeat tarts are one of the most popular holiday desserts in the UK, and although they aren’t often the dessert of choice in the US, they are absolutely delicious. For those who haven’t tasted these small two-bite treats lately, it’s time to get reacquainted. The following traditional English Mincemeat Tartlets make a great addition to a holiday dessert buffet, or even as part of a Christmas cookie and candy tray. They are especially delicious when made with Traditional English Mincemeat Filling, but if time is short, jarred mincemeat can be used.
Makes 24 small Tarts
2 Batches Basic Pie Crust
16 ounces Traditional English Mincemeat Filling or a 16 oz. jar Prepared Mincemeat
- Roll the pie crust to 1/8" thick.
- Cut 24 2 3/4" - 3" rounds and press them into regular-size muffin cups.
- Reroll the dough and cut into 24 Christmas shapes (1 3/4") such as star, bell, holly, etc.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes while the oven is heating to 425°, then bake the shells for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press down any puffed areas.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Divide the filling among the pastry shells; top with one of the Christmas shapes.
- Brush the shapes with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350° and bake the tarts about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Leave in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 79
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 4% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 156 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%