7 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups yellow polenta, preferably coarse-ground
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Measure the water, polenta, and salt into the crock of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Stir well, turn the slow cooker to high, and let cook for 1 hour.
- Stir again, turn the slow cooker to low, and let cook an additional 4-6 hours, stirring once or twice if itís convenient.
- When the polenta is thick and creamy, stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Turn the slow cooker to warm; the polenta will stay creamy for several hours.
Note: If the polenta gets too thick, stir in a little water.
If there are leftovers, pour them into a buttered loaf pan, cover, and refrigerate. To serve, slice and fry in butter
Amount Per Serving
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 145
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 12% Carb. 29%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 794 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%