Brigadiers are very easy to make, so this is a recipe that can be made with the kids. They take a minimum of hands-on time, so the kids won’t lose interest. Small paper liners are available at craft stores or restaurant supply stores and come in all colors, including fancy colored foils.
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 cup chocolate sprinkles
Butter, for rolling
Small paper liners
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, butter, and cocoa in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture holds together and is very thick, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool thoroughly.
- Pour the sprinkles on a large plate.
- When the mixture is cool, butter hands.
- Scoop teaspoon-sized portions from the mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in the sprinkles, pressing slightly to cover completely.
- Place each of the finished brigadiers in a small paper liner.
- These candies may be kept in an airtight container up to two weeks at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 53
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 6% Carb. 39%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 70 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%