Brazilian Truffle Recipe
Brigadiers are very easy to make, so this is a recipe that can be made with the kids. They take a minimum of hands-on time, so the kids won’t lose interest. Small paper liners are available at craft stores or restaurant supply stores and come in all colors, including fancy colored foils.
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 cup chocolate sprinkles
Butter, for rolling
Small paper liners
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, butter, and cocoa in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture holds together and is very thick, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool thoroughly.
- Pour the sprinkles on a large plate.
- When the mixture is cool, butter hands.
- Scoop teaspoon-sized portions from the mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in the sprinkles, pressing slightly to cover completely.
- Place each of the finished brigadiers in a small paper liner.
- These candies may be kept in an airtight container up to two weeks at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 53
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 6% Carb. 39%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 70 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.