25 Benefits of Reading
1. Reading books lets us encounter new experiences.
2. We can learn about people's lives through books.
3. Reading effectively helps you read contracts. That helps you live a better life, since people are less likely to take advantage of you.
4. Learn about what is going on in your world through reading accounts in the news.
5. Learn to take care of your home with how-to books.
6. Discover art work in a museum by reading the plate by the piece of art.
7. Learn to operate a camera.
8. Have a larger vocabulary, which will help you throughout your education.
9. Be a better writer because reading helps you understand sentence structure and the ways that writing is constructed.
10. Be amused by written jokes.
11. Reading helps to improve focus.
12. Free your imagination when you read.
13. Use time productively while you wait for appointments or events to begin.
14. Discover the cuisines of various cultures through reading cookbooks.
15. Reading improves communication skills.
16. Find out about nutritional options by comparing labels on foods.
17. Read and do better in school.
18. When you can read proposals or job expectations effectively at work, it allows you to do a superior job.
19. Reading to children improves family life.
20. See the world through somebody else's eyes and learn their point of view.
21. Work through math word problems more easily.
22. Satisfy your curiosity about other time periods, people, places, and things.
23. Become a better conversationalist, since you will know about more subjects.
24. Reading helps to develop critical thinking skills.
25. Learning about different personal situations in life can help you develop empathy.
Reading is a relaxing pastime that has many benefits. Some people believe that reading can help delay developing Alzheimer's. Reading taps into creativity as we make mental movies of what we read. This frees our imaginations to think about the possibilities in our lives. That is a wonderful benefit of reading!
NEWSLETTER: I invite you to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. This gives you all of the updates for the Reading Site. Sometimes, this newsletter has information on books and reading that is not in the articles. Fill in the blank below the article with your email address - which is never passed on beyond this site. We never sell or trade your personal information.
Related links: The Related Links below this article may be of interest to you.
There are times when I recommend an item related to my article and add an Amazon link, so that you can check it out. I am an Amazon Associate, and when you purchase an item after clicking on my link, I do make a commission for purchases made through that link.
You Should Also Read:
Reading for Pleasure Enhances Comprehension
The Modern Library
BookBub for Cheap Book Deals to Build an E-Library
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Connie Mistler Davidson. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Connie Mistler Davidson. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Connie Mistler Davidson for details.