Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "Nothing is improbable until it moves into the past tense. "
- "You have to allow a certain amount of time in which you are doing nothing in order to have things occur to you, to let your mind think. "
- "Time heals all wounds, unless you pick at them. "
- "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot. "
- "Every morning you are handed 24 golden hours. They are one of the few things in this world that you get free of charge. If you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy an extra hour. What will you do with this priceless treasure?"
- "Yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is a promissory note; today is the only cash you have. Spend it wisely."
- "Time is like a movie. All people see it in its full length. Some people fast forward or rewind to their favorite times and skip the bad. Others are stuck watching only bad acting. Some people direct and all want to be stars but in the end everyone gets cut from the script."
- "Time is like a snowflake~~it melts away while we try to decide what to do with it."
- "Time cuts down all, Both great and small. "
- "Lost time is never found again. "
--John H. Aughey
- "Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away."
- "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. "
- "I would I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours."
- "Time is like money, the less we have of it to spare the further we make it go. "
- "It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago."
- "We say we waste time, but that is impossible. We waste ourselves."
- "Never say that you have no time. On the whole it is those who are busiest who can make time for yet more, and those who love more leisure time who refused to do something when asked. What we lack is not time, but heart."
- "Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."
--H. Jackson Brown
- "Comedy is tragedy plus time."
- "You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it."
- "I recommend you to take care of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves."
- "There's time enough, but none to spare."
--Charles W. Chestnutt
- "Learn the past, watch the present, and create the future."
- "Patience and time do more than strength or passion."
--Jean de LaFontaine
- "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."
--Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities
- "Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed nothing else can be managed."
--Peter F. Drucker
- "The times they are a-changing."
- "There is time for everything."
- "These times of ours are serious and full of calamity, but all times are essentially alike. As soon as there is life there is danger. "
- "This time like all times is a very good one if we but know what to do with it."
- "Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
- "Lost time is never found again."
- "Remember that time is money."
- "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of."
- "Modern man thinks he loses something~~time~~when he does not do things quickly. Yet he does not know what to do with the time he gains~~except kill it."
- "Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of 30. "
- "Time and I against any two. "
- "Now is the only time there is. Make your now wow, your minutes miracles, and your days pay. Your life will have been magnificently lived and invested, and when you die you will have made a difference."
--Mark Victor Hansen
- "The time to relax is when you don't have time for it."
--Sidney J. Harris
- "The best thing to spend on your children is your time."
- "There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the very simplest things, and because it takes a man's life to know them the little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave."
- "Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."
- "Time, whose tooth gnaws away at everything else, is powerless against truth. "
- "Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in."
--Andrew Jackson, U.S. President
- "Time is on my side, yes it is."
- "Time is a fixed income and, as with any income, the real problem facing most of us is how to live successfully within our daily allotment."
--Margaret B. Johnstone
- "We must use time as a tool, not as a crutch."
- "The surest way to be late is to have plenty of time."
- "There are many fine things which you mean to do some day, under what you think will be more favorable circumstances. But the only time that is yours is the present."
- "Telling time is easy, depending on time to tell is not. "
--Joseph A. Kolligian
- "One reason God created time was so that there would be a place to bury the failures of the past."
- "I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them."
- "Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever. "
- "Time cools; time clarifies; no mood can be maintained quite unaltered through the course of hours. "
- "Time has no divisions to mark its passage.. Even when a new century begins it is only we mortals who ring bells and fire off pistols."
- "Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas."
- "As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time."
- "I've been on a calendar but I have never been on time."
- "Minutes are worth more than money. Spend them wisely."
--Thomas P. Murphy
- "If each of us can be helped by science to live a hundred years, what will it profit us if our hates and fears, our loneliness and our remorse will not permit us to enjoy them? What use is an extra year or two to the man who 'kills' what time he has?"
- "At times it is folly to hasten at other times, to delay. The wise do everything in its proper time."
- "Time is the wisest of all counselors. "
- "Time is at once the most valuable and the most perishable of all our possessions. "
- "The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something."
- "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."
- "He who has done his best for his own time has lived for all times."
--Johann von Schiller
- "Tough times never last, but tough people do!"
- "I wasted time, and now doth time waste me."
- "Time, time, time, see what's become of me, While I looked around, For my possibilities; I was so hard to please."
- "What we love to do we find time to do."
--John L. Spalding
- "The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. "
- "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity. "
--Henry David Thoreau
- "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
- "Time sometimes flies like a bird, sometimes crawls like a snail; but a man is happiest when he does not even notice whether it passes swiftly or slowly."
- "Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once."
- "Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."
- "Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear,too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice,but for those who love time is eternity."
--Henry Van Dyke
- "Punctuality is the thief of time. "
- "There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go."
- "God exists in eternity. The only point where eternity meets time is in the present. The present is the only time there is."
- "Life offers two great gifts - time, and the ability to choose how we spend it. Planning is a process of choosing among those many options. If we do not choose to plan, then we choose to have others plan for us."
--Richard I. Winword
- "Time does not relinquish its rights, either over human beings or over mountains."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "One always has time enough, if one will apply it well. "
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
|A Stitch in Time I|
Never miss a thing. Join Thrillist -- the daily shot of everything you need to know.
Sign up now
-- it's free and easy
Content copyright © 2018 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact