Guest Author - Sheri Ann richerson
Revive, renew and rejoice the new you! So, how do you go about becoming the new you enquiring minds want to know? Try a detox program to remove all those unnecessary elements from your body.
Doing away with everyday chemical products is a great start. Throw away those cleansers and replace them with natural products. Toothpaste, cleaning supplies and beauty products can all be found that are 100% natural.
Are you afraid that you might not have the antibacterial properties that come with chemical cleansers if you go all natural? Essential oils such as lemon are naturally antibacterial and they smell great to boot!
Doing away with the chemicals in our life’s can be the easy part. When it comes down to detoxifying your body, you definitely need a plan. Try these great top ten tips and get on your way to a new, healthier you.
1. Eat healthy! Make sure you get plenty of fiber, brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables if they are available. If you cannot find organically grown produce locally, try growing your own fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Take herbs for your health! Cleanse and protect the liver by using herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, milk thistle and switching to green tea.
3. You need your Vitamin C! This important vitamin helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink plenty of water! You should drink at least 2 quarts of water daily.
5. Relax and breathe! Taking deep breaths allows oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Bust Stress! Do away with stress by emphasizing positive emotions as well as the positive in every situation.
7. Hydrotherapy is important! Try taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back and visualizing the stress running off and washing down the drain with the water. Follow this with cold water for 30 seconds. Repeat this three times, then get into bed for 30 minutes and relax.
8. You got to sweat it out! Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration.
9. Dry-brush your skin! This will help to remove toxins through your pores. You can locate special brushes at natural products or health food stores.
10. Exercise! Oh yes, you knew that word was in there somewhere. Be sure to exercise for one hour every day.