- "We cannot be contented because we are happy, and we cannot be happy because we are contented."
-- Walter Savage Landor
- "Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open."
- "I have only two kinds of days: happy and hysterically happy."
--Allen J. Lefferdink
- " Happiness is a by-product. You cannot pursue it by itself."
- " People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be."
-- Abraham Lincoln
- "Happiness is a thing to be practiced, like the violin."
-- John Lubbock
- "Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself."
-- Og Mandino
- "When a man feels throbbing within him the power to do what he undertakes as well as it can possibly be done, this is happiness, this is success."
-- Orison Swett Marden
- "Success is getting and achieving what you want. Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get."
-- Bernard Meltzer
- "I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive."
-- Henry Miller
- "Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will."
-- Dan Millman
- "The art of living does not consist in preserving and clinging to a particular mood of happiness, but in allowing happiness to change its form without being disappointed by the change; for happiness, like a child, must be allowed to grow up."
-- Charles Langbridge Morgan
- " Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy."
-- Cynthia Nelms
- " Happiness adds and multiplies, as we divide it with others."-- A. Nielsen
- "We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we've established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile."
-- Earl Nightingale
- "AIf my heart can become pure and simple, like that of a child, I think there probably can be no greater happiness than this."
-- Kitaro Nishida
- "Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day. It is a choice based on the knowledge that we belong to God and have found in God our refuge and our safety and that nothing, not even death, can take God away from us. Joy is the experience of knowing that you are unconditionally loved and that nothing--sickness, failure, emotional distress, oppression, war, or even death--can take that love away."
- "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet."
- " Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."
-- George Orwell
- "Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful."
-- Norman Vincent Peale
- "Happiness doesn't come from doing what we like to do but from liking what we have to do."
-- Wilfred A. Peterson
- "The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others."
-- William Lyon Phelphs
- "Our happiness in this world depends on the affections we are able to inspire."
-- Duchess Prazlin
- " Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
-- Marcel Proust
- " Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."
-- Jim Rohn
- " Happiness.it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort."
--Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best."
--Theodore I. Rubin
- "True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- "Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have."
-- Rabbi Hyman Judah Schachtel (1907-1990) American theologian, author and educator
- " Joy comes from using your potential."
- "Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."
-- Scottish Proverb
- " Life at its noblest leaves mere happiness far behind; and indeed cannot endure it."
Happiness is not the object of life: life has no object: it is an end in itself; and courage consists in the readiness to sacrifice happiness for an intenser quality of life."
-- George Bernard Shaw
- "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not."
-- George Bernard Shaw
- "The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase: if you pursue happiness you'll never find it."
-- C.P. Snow
- "Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness."
- " It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness."
-- Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- " The human spirit needs to accomplish, to achieve, to triumph to be happy."
- "The habit of being happy enables one to be freed, or largely freed, from domination of outside conditions."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
- "There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy. By being happy, we sow enormous benefits upon the world."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Happiness comes when we test our skills towards some meaningful purpose."
-- John Stossel
- " I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun."
-- Charles R. Swindoll
- " Good humor is one of the best articles of dress one can wear in society."
-- William Makepeace Thackeray
- "Happiness walks on busy feet."
-- Kitte Turmell
- "Happiness is a Swedish sunset; it is there for all, but most of us look the other way and lose it."
-- Mark Twain
- "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."
-- Mark Twain
- "The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."
- "Love is - seeking to make another person happy."
- "I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances."
- "Cheerfulness in most cheerful people is the rich and satisfying result of strenuous discipline."
-- Edwin Percy Whipple
- "Happy people plan actions, they don't plan results."
-- Dennis Wholey
- "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
-- Oscar Wilde
- "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness."
-- Mary Wollstonecraft
- "Learn to be calm and you will always be happy."
-- Paramhansa Yogananda
- "What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money."
-- Henny Youngman
- "People who never achieve happiness are the ones who complain whenever they're awake, and whenever they're asleep, they are thinking about what to complain about tomorrow."
-- Adam Zimbler
Happiness Framed Poster
Buy at AllPosters.com
The Sticker Shoppe
has over 1000 categories and a growing product line weekly of Stickers, Magnets, Patches, Buttons, Pins and more!!! Surely something for everyone!
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.