It seems to be fashionable now, to use shampoos and conditioners that consist of natural or organic ingredients. I decided to try out one of the new product lines to see if I noticed a difference. Would it produce better results? Being natural, would it be less effective than traditional shampoos and conditioners?
I tested White Sands Hydrating Shampoo and Hydrating Conditioner. I was told that it is 100% Vegan, all natural, and sulfate, silicone and cruelty free. The literature said that it protects hair color by neutralizing UV rays. It also said that the product locks in balanced, self-adjusting moisture which renders the hair weightless.
- 100%Vegan indicates that there are no animal derived ingredients in the product.
- All natural indicates that the product contains no artificial ingredients.
- Sulfate free. Sulfates are ingredients contained in many shampoos. (Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Ammonium Lareth Sulphate, and Myreth Sulhpate) These are the detergents that make shampoos, body washes and other cleansers clean and foam.
- Silicone is often used as a smoothing agent. It may have a tendency to build up on the hair and scalp.
- Cruelty free means that the products are not tested on animals.
The consistency of White Sands Hydrating Shampoo was not as thick as I like it. More poured into my hand than I expected and I ended up with more shampoo than I needed. I determined to be more careful in future washings.
It produced a nice lather and cleansed my hair thoroughly. The shampoo rinsed out easily. My hair felt clean and not overly moisturized.
White Sands Hydrating Conditioner is thick and creamy. So thick that I had to shake the bottle a little to get the conditioner out. It was easy to distribute through my hair and released the tangles instantly. The conditioner was easy to rinse out. A comb went through my hair easily.
I was very happy with the results after using White Sands Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner. It produced all the effects that I want in a hydrating product, My hair was moisturized without being weighted down. It was just as effective as the good quality traditional shampoos and conditioners that I have used in the past.
Find out more about White Sands Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner on the White Sands website.
These products were provided to me for my review and were free of charge .