Scenario: After 8 hours at the office and spending 30 minutes fighting traffic on the way home, you are asked out for the evening. After you call the babysitter, feed the kids, walk the dog, and find something to wear, you have approximately 5 minutes to change a dead hairstyle to something fresh and perky enough for a date.
No problem! Use one or more of these remedies and you will be surprised how much life is left in your hair.
- For a quick fluff. Flip your head upside down and shake it out. Run your fingers through your hair to loosen any tangles and break up left over hair spray. Spray it lightly with a light hold hairspray and then flip it back right side up. Arrange it with your fingers and you are ready to go.
- Frizzy, dry looking ends. Scrunch a little hair creme into the ends to moisten and revive the curl. Place about a dime size amount in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together to emulsify it and then scrunch it into the ends of your hair. Arrange your hair with your fingers only to keep a piecey look.
- For a very sleek look for straight hair and to add incredible shine, use a few drops of shine drops. Place two or three drops in your hands, rub it between your palms and then lightly run your hands over your hair. Use a light touch so as to only lay down frizzies and put on a thin coating of shine.
- For very fine hair use a lighter weight shine product. Try Spray shine to apply a very sheer layer of shine.
Find some suggestions for quality shine products Here
- For a quick curl. Spray Replenishing Mist to moisten your hair and then roll on a few Velcro rollers. Dry it with a blow dryer set on low. Remove the rollers and separate the curls with your fingers.
- Revive natural curl or permed curl. Use the same Replenishing Mist. Just mist it on and scrunch the curl in.
- Add drama. On dry hair, use a small amount of a heavy hold hair gel to slick the sides back. Then create a few wet-look pieces by separating them with some of the gel.
- Accessorize Use sunglasses as a headband for a new look that camouflages a stressed hairstyle. You can also use a thin gold or silver headband to control unruly hair.
Plan ahead. Discover what works for your hair and keep it on hand so you will always be prepared for those surprise adventures.