Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Uses For Vinegar
Seventy-two uses for vinegar, body care, cleaning, laundry, foods, garden and pets! White Vinegar is perfect for various household-cleaning tasks. Always use apple cider vinegar for personal care. White vinegar is best for cleaning and is gentle on hands, so there is no need to wear rubber gloves. Vinegar has a slight scent while wet, when dry it leaves no odor.
1. Feel good. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, with a bit of honey added for flavor, will take the edge off your appetite and give you an overall healthy feeling.
2. Soothe a bee or jellyfish sting. Dot the irritation with vinegar and relieve itching.
3. Relieve sunburn. Lightly rub white vinegar; you may have to reapply.
4. Condition hair. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to dissolve sticky residue left by shampoo.
5. Relieve dry and itchy skin. Add 2 tablespoons to bath water.
6. Relieve itching by using a cotton ball to dab mosquito and other bug bites with vinegar straight
from the bottle.
7. Fight dandruff. After shampooing, rinse with vinegar and 2 cups of warm water.
8. Soothe a sore throat. Put a teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of water. Gargle, then swallow.
9. Treat sinus infections and chest colds. Add 1/4 cup or more vinegar to the vaporizer.
10. Sprinkle a little vinegar on prepared food to take the edge off your appetite.
11. Vinegar adds highlights to brunette, hair, restores the acid mantel, and removes soap film and sebum oil.
12. You take 1 tablespoon full and swallow when you have the hiccups. It stops them instantly.
13.Helps with colds. Mix one-quarter cup Apple Cider Vinegar with one-quarter cup honey. Take one tablespoon six to eight times daily.
14. Helps with sinus infections and chest colds. Add 1/4 cup or more vinegar to the vaporizer.
15. Remove warts by applying a lotion of half cider vinegar and half glycerin. Apply daily to warts until they dissolve.
16. Remove corns by making a poultice of one crumbled piece of bread soaked in one-quarter cup Vinegar. Let poultice sit for one-half hour, then apply to the corn and tape in place overnight. If corn does not peel off by morning, reapply the poultice for several consecutive nights.
17. Prevent yeast infections. Douche with one-tablespoon vinegar to one-quart warm water, to adjust the pH balance in the vagina.
18. Cure an upset stomach by drinking two teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar in one-cup water.
19. Clean dentures by soaking them overnight in vinegar, then brush away tartar with a toothbrush.
20. Relieve cough by mixing one-half cup Apple Cider Vinegar, one-half cup water, one-teaspoon cayenne pepper, and four teaspoons honey. Take one tablespoon when cough acts up. Take another tablespoon at bedtime.
21. Remove fruit stains from hands. Rub with vinegar.
22. Clean eyeglasses. Wipe each lens with a drop of vinegar
23. Remove decals. Brush with a couple coats of vinegar. Allow to soak in. Wash off.
24. Remove tough stains. Gently rub on fruit, jam, mustard, coffee, tea. Then wash as usual.
25. Freshen up the washing machine. Periodically, pour a cup of vinegar in the machine and let in run through a regular cycle (no clothes added). Will dissolve soap residue.
26. Clean a scorched iron plate. Heat equal parts vinegar and salt in a small pan. Rub solution on the cooled iron surface to remove dark or burned stains.
27. Unclog steam iron. Pour equal amounts of vinegar and water into the iron's water chamber. Turn to steam and leave the iron on for 5 minutes in an upright position. Then unplug and allow to cool. Any loose particles should come out when you empty the water.
28. Get rid of cooking smells. Let simmer a small pot of vinegar and water solution.
29. Dissolve rust from bolts and other metals. Soak in full strength vinegar.
30. Clean the microwave. Boil a solution of 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water in the microwave. Will loosen splattered on food and deodorize.
31. Get stains out of pots. Fill pot with a solution of 3 tablespoons of vinegar to a pint of water. Boil until stain loosens and can be washed away.
32. Clean china and fine glassware. Add a cup of vinegar to a sink of warm water. Gently dip the glass or china in the solution and let dry
33. Clean stainless steel. Wipe with a vinegar dampened cloth.
34. Clean the dishwasher. Run a cup of vinegar through the whole cycle once a month to reduce soap build up on the inner mechanisms and on glassware.
35. Clean and deodorize the garbage disposal. Make vinegar ice cubes and feed them down the disposal. After grinding, run cold water through 31 Clean and deodorize jars. Rinse mayonnaise, peanut butter, and mustard jars with vinegar when empty.
36. Unclog a drain. Pour a handful of baking soda down the drain and add 1/2 cup of vinegar. Rinse with hot water.
37. Clean the refrigerator. Wash with a solution of equal parts water and vinegar.The vinegar will kill germs that encourage growth of mold and mildew.
38. Freshen a lunchbox. Soak a piece of bread in vinegar and let it sit in the lunchbox over night.
39.Clean a teapot. Boil a mixture of water and vinegar in the teapot. Wipe away the grime.
40. Cut grease and odor on dishes. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to hot soapy water.
50. Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards. Wipe with full strength vinegar.
51.Deodorize the kitchen drain. Pour a cup down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.
52. Polish car chrome. Apply full strength.
53. Deter ants. Spray vinegar around doors, appliances, and along other areas where ants are known.
54.Get smoke smell out of clothes. Add a cup of vinegar to a bath tub of hot water. Hang clothes above the steam.
55.Take grease off suede. Dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently brush over grease spot.
56.Brighten fabric colors. Add a 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
57.Keep colors from running. Immerse clothes in full strength vinegar before washing.
58.Get rid of lint in clothes. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
59. Eliminate onion odor. Rub on your fingers before and after slicing.
60.Boil better eggs. Add 2 tablespoons water before boiling eggs. Keeps them from cracking.
61.Freshen vegetables. Soak wilted vegetables in 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
62.Tenderize meat. Soak in vinegar over night.
63. Extends life of cut flowers: 2-tablespoons of White Vinegar 2-tablespoons of sugar for each litter (quart) of water.
64.Kill grass on walks and driveways.
65.Kill weeds. Spray full strength on growth until plants have starved.
66.Grow beautiful azaleas: Occasionally water plants with a mixture of two tablespoons vinegar to one quart water. Azaleas love acidic soil.
67.Increase soil acidity. In hard water areas, add a cup of vinegar to a gallon of tap water for watering acid loving plants like rhododendrums,
gardenias, or azaleas. The vinegar will release iron in the soil for the plants to use.
68.Prolong the life of flowers in a vase. Add two tablespoons of vinegar plus three tablespoons of sugar per quart of warm water.
Houseplants will grow stronger and healthier by adding one or two tablespoon of peroxide to ½ gallon of water, then use mixture to water plants.
69.Keep chickens from pecking each other. Put a little vinegar in their drinking water.
70.Keep dogs from scratching his ears. Use a clean, soft cloth dipped in diluted vinegar.
71.Keep cats away. Sprinkle vinegar on areas you don't want the cat walking, sleeping, or scratching on.
72.Remove skunk odor from a dog. Rub fur with full strength vinegar; rinse.
Content copyright © 2015 by Victoria Abreo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Victoria Abreo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Victoria Abreo for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.