Find opportunities to win sweepstakes in Delaware, USA, below. But first, here is some trivia about the state:
- Nicknames: Thomas Jefferson is said to have described Delaware as a jewel among states making its nickname the diamond state. It's also called the small wonder state due to its size.
- It was the first of the original 13 states to ratify the U.S. Constitution which is why Delaware's official nickname is "The First State."
Arts and Crafts:Enter your arts and crafts in local contests or find giveaways at local fairs. Look for craft shows near you at the Art & Craft Show Yellow Pages (http://www.artscraftsshowbusiness.com/shows.aspx?state=DE) and FarisandFestivals.net (http://www.fairsandfestivals.net/states/DE/). The Bradnywine Festival of the Arts in Wilmington has been held since 1961 and is still going strong with over 20,000 visitors annually. Learn more at www.brandywinearts.com.
Beauty Pageants: Do you dream of being crowned a beauty queen or king? You can find pageants in Delaware at:
- Miss Coed Delaware - http://www.gocoed.com/delaware/
- Miss Delaware and Miss Delaware Teen (precursor to Miss USA) - http://www.missdelawareusa.com/delaware.html
- Miss Delaware (precursor to the Miss America pageant) - http://www.missde.org/
- The Delaware page at Pageant Center - http://pageantcenter.com/pageant_calendar/delaware_pageants.html#.VCpLGfldXW4
Media: WBOC 16 news and WWMT 47 for Delaware and Maryland has a contest page updated frequently with current local listings at http://www.wboc.com/category/82368/contestsevents and http://www.wmdt.com/category/201741/contests. Delaware Today Magazine also lists contests on their Promotions sections here - http://www.delawaretoday.com/Delaware-Today/Partners-Promotions/.
Travel: Vacationfun.com lists sweepstakes to travel destinations across the United States. Check back periodically for Delaware. The state's tourism site, www.visitdelaware.com, is also a place to find trip giveaways to America's first state.
Have fun and good luck!
Recommended reading for those interested in Delaware travel and history:
A Visitor's Guide to the Colonial & Revolutionary South: Includes Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi
Voices from Colonial America: Delaware 1638-1776 (National Geographic Voices from ColonialAmerica)