Guest Author - Amy Packham
I was looking through quotes online in order to find something inspiring that I could share in this article, and I found it surprising how a lot of websites seem to have lists of quotes where they believe if you follow them, it is something you can live by in life. I intended to pick out some quotes which I felt would match the idea of 'living by these quotes' and things that covered all aspects of life but when I was reading them I realized that a lot of them link together, and they seem to complement each other in the way they pick up on different aspects of life - love, success, greatness, challenge, achievement. I thought it was better to share them all with you.
Part of the reason I thought it would be good to share was to find out if you think people can live by a set of quotations? Maybe some are more important to people than others, and maybe people can live by one quotation rather than a set of 100 that seem to give some 'overview' on life.
The idea that quotations are inspiring and give advice is something I have spoken about since I started writing for the quotations site; however, what I have begun to realize recently that quotes are very individualistic and the reason that here they have a list of 100 quotes is because this way, they will be able to be applicable to everyone, and everyone will be able to find a quote that inspires them.
Have a read!
1. Itís The Little Things That Makes Living Worthwhile.
2. The toughest thing about success is that you have to keep on being a success.
3. Anyone can win unless there happens to be a second entry.
4. The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.
5. Now or never was the time.
6. You wonít win if you donít begin.
7. It is hard to fail, but it is worse to never to have tried to succeed.
8. Failure is not defeat, until you stop trying.
9. To dream of the person youíd like to be is to waste the person who you are.
10. Becoming number one is easier then remaining number one.
11. If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.
12. You donít have to lead, if you have the heart to come from behind.
13. Excuses only get you so far.
14. You are who you chose to be.
15. I loved him then, I love him still, Always have, Always will.
16. Iíve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.-Michael Jordan
17. Donít let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is, had to begin where he was.
18. Nothing exists that so fills and binds the heart as love does.
19. Pain is weakness leaving the body.
20. If you donít take a chance, you never really have one.
21. Itís alright letting yourself go as long as you can get yourself back.
22. A bend in the road isnít the end of the road unless you take the wrong turn.
23. Itís hard to answer Ďwhats wrongí when nothing is right.
24. You can fix your future, but you canít change the past, so make the most of love because it wonít always last.
25. The only things in life you should regret are the risks in life you didnít take.
26. A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot.
27. All smiles should come from the heart.
28. Leadership a leader who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
29. Live everyday like its your last, love ever time like its your first.
30. The love you canít have, Is the love that lasts the longest, Hurts the deepest, And feels the strongest.
31. Love is a part of life when understood makes you realize you never want to lose it.
32. You cannot question love. Especially when is has its own reasons.
33. Love is the only gift given to us.
34. You only get one true friend a lifetime who you can share everything with, when you get that one donít let go.
35. When we fall in love with someone special we donít want that feeling to end, for it turned us into everything we ever wanted to be and makes us feel that special feeling in our hearts, souls, bodyís, and minds.
36. Friends should always hold hands, but special friends donít have to because they know that other hand will ALWAYS be there for them.
37. Donít hold love in your hands because youíll never find the strength to let it go when it decides to leave, but hold it in your heart for youíll never have to let it go, because youíll know itíll always truly be there.
38. If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain; In order to love, you gotta risk the pain.
39. Love is a special feeling. You canít explain it. Sometimes you canít even understand it. But it is there. So donít make it so complicated. And just enjoy it. Itíll be gone before you know it and youíll miss it so incredibly.
40. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things..
41. Donít ever be afraid to try to make things better you might be surprised at the results
42. Donít waste today regretting yesterday instead of making a memory for tomorrow.
43. Youíll learn to like someone when you find out what makes them laugh, but you can never truly love someone until you find out what makes them cry.
44. Go for that someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.
45. Love is the fun in together, the sad in apart, and hope for tomorrow, the joy in the heart.
46. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
47. You know you love someone when you want them to be happy even if their happiness means youíre not a part of it.
48. Success comes before work only in the dictionary.
49. Time is natureís way of keeping everything form happening all at once.
50. Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again; to hold someone, not for a moment but forever.
51. Keep the pictures they never change only the people in them do.
52. There were moments we laughed and cried, we always tood by each others side. Those many days we spent together, they will stay in my heart forever.
53. You can close your eyes to things you donít want to see, but u canít close your heart to things you donít want to feel.
54. Someday you will be sorry, someday when youíre free, memories will remind you, that we were meant to be
55. Wanting him is hard to get. Loving him is hard to regret. Losing him is hard to accept. But with all the hurt Iíve felt, letting go is the most painful yet.
56. Being happy doesnít mean that everything is perfect. Itís means that youíve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
57. Iím gonna smile like nothingís wrong, talk like everythingís perfect, act like itís just a dream, and pretend heís not hurting me.
58. Iíve learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures never replace having been there, memories, good or bad, will bring tears; and words can never replace feelings.
59. You donít know how hard it is to get over you when every time I see you my heart begins to smile.
60. Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
61. I want to be able to hold your hand when I am hurting even if we are only friends, instead of having to hold someone elseís because you are the one hurting me.
62. Now I say the things I want to say, sometimes its better letting go this way, Iíll always know down in my soul we really had so far to go. Iíve given all Iíve had to give and now itís time for me to live. And I wonít look back and I wonít regret; though it hurts like hell; someday I may forget you.
63. I would rather be physically hurt than emotionally hurtÖbecause you can put a Band-Aid on your finger, but not your heart.
64. We talk like we know whatís going on, but we donít. We donít know anything. Weíre young and weíre gonna screw-up a lot. Weíre gonna keep changing our minds and even sometimes our hearts. And through all that, the only real thing we can offer each other is forgiveness.
65. Although you may not love me, although you may not care, If you shall ever need me, you know that Iíll always be there. Your love may all be taken, your heart may not be free, but when your heart is brokenÖyou can always lean on me.
66. Your heart decides who it likes and who it doesnít. You canít tell your heart what to do. It does it all on its own when you least expect it or even when you donít want it to. It loves who it wants to and there is nothing you can do about it.
67. You never know how much someone means to you until you lose them.
68. We laughed until we had to cry, we loved right down to our last goodbye, but over the years weíll smile and recall for just one moment we had it all.
69. We may have lost friends, but we gained angels.
70. Learn from yesterday, live for today, dream for tomorrow.
71. There are many roads we have crossed, many hills we have climbed, and so many dreams we have yet to realize.
72. Act as though you were to live forever, and live as though you were to die tomorrow.
73. Work like you donít need the money, love like youíll never get hurt, dance like no one is watching.
74. To live our lives in our own way, to reach for the goals we have set for ourselves, to be what we want to be, that is success.
75. Tomorrow, today will be the past, live and make each moment last, the yesterdays and todayís weíll never forget, I pray that the tomorrows well never regret.
76. Faces of old, faces of new, people we know and people we knew. Growing together and growing apart, always an ending and now a new start. At graduation we all grow nearer and all of our friends seem so much dearer. and as we say our final goodbye, one last embrace and one more cry, a Ďkeep in touchí, and a Ďpromise I willí, a Ďremember whení, but better still, a place in my heart youíll always stay. This is whats said we go our own way.
77. Things will change, time will pass, but the things that we share will last forever.
78. Behind us are the shadows of what might have been, and ahead the image of what we hope to be.
79. You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you canít forget. Those are your real friends.
80. Turns out itís not where you are but who youíre with that really matters.
81. Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.
82. We are all angels with one wing; in order for us to fly we must embrace each other.
83. The truly great person is the person who makes every person feels great.
84. Everyone is gifted; some just open their packages a little earlier.
85. The smallest oceans still make big waves.
86. If it looks good, youíll see it; If it sounds good, youíll hear it; If itís marketed right, youíll buy it; but if itís real, youíll feel it.
87. You donít love me because Iím not perfect, but love is not finding the perfect person, it is seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
88. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising each time we do.
89. The best way to destroy an enemy is to make them your friend
90. Love never asks why, it speaks from the heart or whispers from a distance.
91. You miss 100% of the shots you donít take.
92. Donít wait; the time will never be just right.
93. Iíll be loving you forever, deep inside my heart youíll leave me never. Even if you took my heart and tore it apart, I would love you still forever.
94. The key to anything is to use your strengths and hide your weaknesses.
95. What doesnít kill me only makes me stronger.
96. If you are going to make me cry, at least be there to wipe away the tears.
97. A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
98. The only way to succeed is to give 2% more than everyone else does.
99. You are only as strong as your will to live.
100. When you find that true love. Never release itÖ.feel the romance and cherish the feelingÖonce itís presence is reached for fill every desire to the fullestÖand do to your one and only soul mate.