Directions For Life
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Memorize your favorite poem.
- Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
- When you say, "I love you", mean it.
- When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
- Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly.
- Don't judge people by their relatives.
- Talk slow but think quick.
- When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask,"Why do you want to know?"
- Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- Call your mom.
- Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
- Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Marry someone you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
- Spend some time alone.
- Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Read more books and watch less TV.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
- Read between the lines.
- Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth...and yourself.
- Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.
- Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
- Mind your own business.
- Don't trust someone who doesn't close their eyes when you kiss them.
- Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
- If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules, then break some.
- Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Remember that your character is your destiny.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny by Suze Orman
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.