Welcome to Arm Chair Shopping. I have become an advocate of shopping online. I have been shopping this way for a number of years now. Like a lot of people, I had to get rid of my fear of credit card theft. Thus far I have found online shopping to be safe and secure. I even pay my bills online.
Some Virtual Shopping Tips:
- Shop by credit card only. Disputes are easier to handle if you have paid with plastic.
- Get yourself an e-mail address which will be used for online purchases only. You are less likely to delete important product information by mistake.
- Always read the small print when giving personal information. If you don't you sometimes give approval for the company to pass your e-mail on to third parties. This leads to unwanted e-mails or SPAM.
- If you join a selling site to get member discounts, etc. you will be need an ID and a password. Save all of your 'shopping ID's and passwords online. I keep mine in a yahoo folder titled 'Login Names'. You should also print a copy of the list and keep it in safe place.
- See more tips in Shopping Online: Is It Safe? in Related Links at the right.
For me there is no such thing as a pleasant day at the mall and I am not a window shopper. However, I do enjoy shopping online in the wee hours of the morning. The shops and stores below are ones that I personally use for business and pleasure. A couple have been suggested to me by colleagues. I use many of the wine, foods/food gifts shops for special events and holiday time. Around Christmas time Figi's gives you free petite fours. I have a clothes brush from the Fuller Brush people that is older than some of my readers.
You will find useful information and links for the consumer on my business site Spices Plus. This link takes you directly to the Consumer Awareness page.