Guest Author - Debra Conrad
MonteLago Village Resort in Lake Las Vegas, Nevada. A charming village that seems like a Mediterranean town where the pace is slow. This resort is tucked onto the edge of Lake Mead, so if you are boating in the area... stop in for lunch.
You can wander down a cobblestone street... stop on a bench tucked beside a fountain which invites you to simply sit and watch the waves and boats on the lake.
MonteLago Village hosts an ice skating rink in the middle of Lake Las Vegas on the floating entertainment stage. The 40 by 70 foot rink, with ice prepared in a 12,000 pound freezer, can accommodate up to 60 skaters at a time. If you don't know how to skate, pull up a park bench and listen to the music. It is fun to watch all the kids skating to the oldies right on the lake.
Outdoor fireplaces called Chiminea are scattered around and lit just before sundown. Warming yourself at each fireplace will give you a chance to chat with other vistitors to the village. Evening strolls are a requirement! :)
Around every corner you'll find new options for dinner in the some of the best international style "Ristorante's".
All of this old world charm is just 17 miles from Las Vegas, making it a resort experience that is one of a kind.
* Take I-215 East toward Henderson
* I-215 will turn into Lake Mead Parkway (was Lake Mead Drive)
* Stay on Lake Mead Parkway (approx. 9 to 10 miles)
* Watch on left-hand side for entrance to Lake Las Vegas Resort
* Turn left into Lake Las Vegas
* At the first stop sign, turn right into MonteLago Village Resort
* The entrance to the resort is just past Casino MonteLago on the left
MonteLago Village Resort Web Page