Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "One friend in a lifetime is much; two are many; three are hardly possible."
-- Henry Brooks Adams
- "The greatest sweetener of human life is Friendship. To raise this to the highest pitch of enjoyment, is a secret which but few discover."
-- Joseph Addison
- ""Stay" is a charming word in a friendís vocabulary. "
-- Louisa May Alcott
- "Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything. "
-- Muhammad Ali
- "The most called-upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear. "
-- Maya Angelou
- "Friendships begin because, even without words, we understand how someone feels. "
-- Joan Walsh Anglund
- "Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."
- "A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."
- "Count your age with friends but not with years."
- "The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had."
- "A faithful friend is the medicine of life."
- "There is nothing on this earth to be more prized than true friendship."--
Saint Thomas Aquinos
- ""A friend to all is a friend to none." "
- "Between friends there is no need of justice. "
- "Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love, aren't we already there? "
-- Richard Bach
- "There is nothing worth the wear of winning, but laughter and the love of friends."
-- Hillaire Belloc
- "A companion loves some agreeable qualities which a man may possess, but a friend loves the man himself."
-- James Boswell
- "Give truth, and your gift will be paid in kind, And honor will honor meet; And the smile which is sweet will surely find A smile that is just as sweet. "
-- Madeline S. Bridges
- "Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends."
-- H. Jackson Brown
- "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil-but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small silly presents every so often-just to save it from drying out completely."
-- Pam Brown
- "The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration. "
-- Pearl S. Buck
- "I have always looked at life as a voyage, mostly wonderful, sometimes frightening. In my family and friends I have discovered treasure more valuable than gold."
-- Jimmy Buffet
- "A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. "
-- Leo Buscaglia
- "Friendship is like money, easier made than kept."
-- Samuel Butler
- "The true beloveds of this world are in their lover's eyes lilacs opening, ship lights, school bells, a landscape, remembered conversations, friends, a child's Sunday, lost voices, one's favorite suit, autumn and all seasons, memory, yes, it being the earth and water of existence, memory. "
-- Truman Capote
- "If you want to win friends, make it a point to remember them. If you remember my name, you pay me a subtle compliment; you indicate that I have made an impression on you. Remember my name and you add to my feeling of importance. "
-- Dale Carnegie
- "It is wise to apply the refined oil of politeness to the mechanism of friendship. "
- "A good motto is: Use friendliness but do not use your friends. "
-- Frank Crane
- "Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light. "
-- Jennie Jerome Churchill
- "The firmest friendships have been formed in mutual adversity, as iron is most strongly united by the fiercest flame. "
-- Charles Caleb Colton
- "A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth. "
-- Charles Darwin
- "Fate chooses our relatives, we choose our friends."
-- Jacques Delille (Malheur et Pitiť)
- "However rare true love is, true friendship is even rarer. "
-- Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- "Keep your friendships in repair. "
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives. "
- "Of all the means to insure happiness throughout the whole of life, by far the most important is the acquistion of friends. "
- "We do not so much need the help of our friends as the confidence of their help in need."
- "Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world."
-- John Evelyn
- ""I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment." "
-- Frances Farmer
- "When befriended, remember it. When you befriend, forget it. "
-- Benjamin Franklin
- "If you'd be beloved, make yourself amiable. A true friend is the best possession. "
-- Benjamin Franklin
- "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. "
-- Arnold H. Glasow
- "Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil."
-- Baltasar Gracian
- "The paradox of friendship is that it is both the strongest thing in the world and the most fragile. Wild horses cannot separate friends, but whining words can. A man will lay down his life for his friend but will not sacrifice his eardrums. "
-- Sydney J. Harris
- "Friends are the sunshine of life."
-- John Hay
- "The best things in life are never rationed. Friendship, loyalty, love, do not require coupons."
-- G. T. Hewitt
- "A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother. "
-- Homer (9th century B.C.)
- "A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same. "
-- Elbert Hubbard
Content copyright © 2013 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact