BlogTalkRadio is a new genealogical resource I have recently started using. I learned of this website when Thomas MacEntee, GeneaBlogger’s creator, started hosting sessions on Friday nights after the show Who Do You Think You Are. You can participate by visiting the website and being a guest, or do the free registration and sign in. I recommend the free registration. By doing this you can have them send you reminders on the sessions you want to hear via email. Once the session starts, you can just listen and view the chat board, or participate in the chats. Callers are welcome to call in with any questions they may have on that sessions particular topic. Some calls may cost depending on your calling plan, but Skype can also be used. Skype is free to register for as well. If you see a session you like, but can not make that particular time, most of the sessions are archived for listening to at a later date.
After listening to a few sessions of GeneaBlogger’s BlogTalkRadio, I went to the website to see what other topics were covered. I put Genealogy in their search box and was excited to see there were other sessions I could attend. Here are some that I found you might find interesting:
- Nurturing Our Roots hosted by Antoinette Harrell: I have personally watched several of her shows and learned so much from it. Not only did I learn from her guest speaker, but from the others in the chat room. Some topics that she covers are
- Honoring Women History Month By Honoring Genealogy
- What They Didn’t Tell You About Slavery?
- Genealogy Research of Drusilla Pair
- Sources for Researching African American Genealogy
- Anita Wills: The Usefulness of DNA Testing in Genealogy, Egypt Africa’s Dynasty, Hampton University and the United States Colored Troops and Forty Acres and a Mule - The Case for Reparations are a few of her topics.
- Talking Feather Radio: Topics she has covered are Chemtrails, Poison in the Sky, Standing Up for Mother Earth, and Connecting Cultural Roots
- Blogs and Social Networks did a session on Genealogy.
- Who am I with Robin from SavingStories
Here are some links that might help you if you are new to BlogTalkRadio:
- Blog Talk Radio 101: Here you'll find screencast tutorials and live training to help get started as a host.
- FAQ’s: This is where announcement can be shown and questions and answers to frequently asked questions regarding BlogTalkRadio.
- Forum: Come join their forum discussions on the different topics being shown.
- Premium Services: Come learn about their Premium Services, especially if you are interested in hosting your own BlogTalkRadio show.
- BlogTalkRadio Blog