Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Multiplication Problem Solving using Dr. Seuss
Inspiration - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
1) I agree with Dr. Seuss there are a lot of fish. In fact, I saw 3 groups of 4 red fish, two groups of 2 blue fish, 4 groups of 2 sad fish with big tears, 4 groups of 4 shiny new fish and 1 fish with a little star. How many fish did I see in all?
2) I asked my dad why the fish were sad, glad, and bad. He did not know, but he said 6 groups of 3 very, very bad fish were sent to time-out in the deep, deep, part of sea instead of spanking them over his knee. How many were sent to the deep, deep part of the sea instead of getting a spanking over his knee?
3) Eleven fingers! Oh my, that would make my shoes strings hard to tie. But, I would like to learn something new… wouldn't you? What if you and four of your friends each had eleven fingers and wanted to buy a ring for each finger. How many rings with bling would you need to buy?
4) No, No, No! I have never been on hump of a Wump. That includes the seven humps of Mr. Gump's Wump. But just the other day, I saw 2 children on each of the humps of Mr. Gump's Wump on their way to somewhere very far away. Mr. Gump made a quick stop and three fell off in dismay. How many continued the trip on the humps of Mr. Gump's Wump to a place very far away?
5) Mike and his friends ride a bike for three. When the hills get high they count on Mike to give them an extra push so their feet ride free. If they joined a bike-a-thon with 26 other bikes for three, how many riders in all?
6) Monday, I could not sleep, but I saw seven sheep walk in their sleep. Tuesday, I saw 14 sheep. Wednesday, I saw 21 sheep walk in their sleep. How many sheep did I see on Saturday?
7) Ned exclaimed, "I do not like this bed at all." Can you blame him? He had to share his bed with a cow, a dog, a cat, and a mouse. A lot of things and a lot of feet were sharing his white sheets. How many feet met in Ned's bed?
Buy Dr. Seuss's Beginner Book Collection (Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, Fox in Socks) from Amazon
Content copyright © 2015 by Beverly Mackie. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Beverly Mackie. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Beverly Mackie for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.