Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Place Value -Timesaver Activity Worksheet
This worksheet is designed to save time with multiple uses. The following twenty tasks will give students practice covering place value. You could make a class set on colored paper and laminate or use in a center. Use as a warm-up or to fill a few minutes when an unexpected guest drops by. Assign all 20 questions or the first ten, etc.
Our Guest Number for today is ___________
(Choose a number from 100 – 999)
1. Draw a picture using base ten blocks to represent the number.
2. Represent the number in expanded form.
3. Write the number in words.
4. What’s the value of the tens place?
5. Create a new number by reversing the tens and hundreds place.
6. Use >, <, or = to compare the new number and the original number.
7. Reorder the digits to create the largest number possible.
8. Reorder the digits to create the smallest number possible.
9. Create a fraction by using the digit in the hundreds place as the numerator and the digit in the ones place as the denominator.
10. Add the digit in the tens place and the digit in the ones place.
11. Add the digit in the hundreds place to the digit in the ones place.
12. Add the two numbers you created in #10 and #11
13. Create a new number by eliminating the hundreds place.
14. Add the answer for #13 to the answer for #12.
15. Subtract the answers for #12 and #13. Be certain to put the larger number on top.
16. Which letter does each of the digits represent in the alphabet? For example, 89; “H” is the eighth letter and “I” is the ninth letter in the alphabet. Thus, the answer is “HI”
17. Subtract #8 from #7. Be certain to put the larger number on top.
18. Add 4 hundreds 0 tens and 8 ones to the original number.
19. Round to the nearest tens place.
20. Round to the nearest hundreds place.
You may find magnetic base ten blocks and a storybook helpful for your class too from Amazon.
Content copyright © 2015 by Beverly Mackie. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Beverly Mackie. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Beverly Mackie for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.