Greek Style Lamb Kebabs and Feta Cheese Salad
Try serving with a feta cheese salad on the side and a refreshing tzatziki dip.
350g / 12 ounces (approx) diced lamb
Juice of 2 lemons
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
• First, start by peeling and chopping the onions
• Next, de-seed both the red and green pepper and slice
• Add all of these ingredients along with the diced lamb into a
medium or large bowl
• Include the juice of 2 lemons and add some ground peppercorns
• Cover and put in the fridge. To achieve the most out of your
marinade, it is best to leave for a period ranging from 6 – 12
hours prior to cooking. This is not essential but you will
get ultimate flavour by doing so
• When you are ready to cook your kebabs, place the lamb, onions
and peppers on skewers
Greek Lamb Kebabs
The kebabs can be cooked by grilling but the best way to do this is on the barbecue. By doing so, it gives the meat that authentic Greek flavour. Leave them for around 15 – 20 minutes, turn occasionally and serve.
Feta Cheese Salad
Feta cheese (cubes). There are some supermarkets that sell feta cheese already in cubes or you can just purchase a block of cheese and do it yourself
A handful of olives (black or green)
½ a cucumber
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
• Begin by peeling and thinly slicing the onion
• Slice the cucumber
• Rinse the cherry tomatoes before use. They can be kept whole or
you can halve them if you would prefer
• Supermarket olives are typically stored in brine so make sure
they are drained well before adding to any salad
• Cut the feta cheese into small cubes
• Season to taste, serve and enjoy
This may seem like a really simple salad but it does look nice and tastes good too. If you want to add anything else to accompany the dish then you could consider the following:
Stuffed vine leaves
Halloumi (for those who may prefer to use this over feta cheese)
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Clare Stubbs. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Clare Stubbs. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.