Browse Dozens of Proverbs
- "A thousand curses never tore a shirt."
- "A wise man associating with the vicious becomes an idiot; a dog travelling with good men becomes a rational being."
- "All strangers are relations to each other."
- "Better a handful of dry dates and content therewith than to own the Gate of Peacocks and be kicked in the eye by a broody camel."
- "Better a hundred enemies outside the house than one inside."
- "If I were to trade in winding sheets, no one would die."
- "If the camel once get his nose in the tent, his body will follow."
- "If you buy cheap meat, when it boils you smell what you have saved."
- "Let the sword decide after the stratagem has failed."
- "Live together like brothers and do business like strangers."
- "Nothing but a handful of dust will fill the eyes of man."
- "One is better off seated than standing. lying than seated, asleep than awake, and dead than alive."
- "Seek counsel of him who makes you weep, and not of him who makes you laugh."
- "The barber learns his trade on the orphan's chin."
- "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on."
- "The sinning is the best part of repentance."
- "There are no fans in hell."
- "Think of the going out before you enter."
- "Today it may be a fire, tomorrow it will be ashes. "
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.