Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them. Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say. We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
-- Tim McGraw
- "Friendship is one mind in two bodies."
- "Are we going to be friends forever? Asked Piglet. Even longer, Pooh answered."
-- A. A. Milne Winnie the Pooh
- "The best way to keep your friends is not to give them away."
-- Wilson Mizner
- "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
-- Mother Teresa
- "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
-- Anais Nin
- "God save me from my friends - I can protect myself from my enemies."
- "Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends."
-- Czech Proverb
- "When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends."
-- Japanese Proverb
- "Life without a friend is death without a witness."
-- Spanish Proverb
- "Reveal not every secret you have to a friend, for how can you tell but that friend may hereafter become an enemy. And bring not all mischief you are able to upon an enemy, for he may one day become your friend."
- "If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend."
-- Saint Augustine Roman religious figure and philosopher
- "The friendship that can cease has never been real."
-- Saint Jerome
- "I count myselt in nothing else so happy As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends."
-- William Shakespeare
- "We are advertis'd by our loving friends."
-- William Shakespeare
- "Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love."
- "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend."
-- Robert Lewis Stevenson
- "A friend is a gift you give yourself."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Friends are God's way of taking care of us. If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend."
-- Stone Temple Pilots
- "It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship."
-- Mary Dixon Thayer
- "The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?"
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance: they make the latitudes and longitudes."
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes."
- "Friends are God's way of apologizing to us for our families."
- "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
- "Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."
- "A simple friend opens a conversation with a full news bulletin on his life.real friend says, What's new with you?"
- "A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names. A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book."
- "Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."
- "Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."
- "Gems may be precious, but friends are priceless."
- "If you were somebody else, would you want to be friends with you?"
- "Strangers are just friends waiting to happen."
- "The best vitamin for making friends is B-1."
- "We really don't have enemies. It's just that some of our best friends are trying to kill us."
- "No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."
-- Alice Walker
- "A friend is one who knows all about you and likes you anyway."
-- Christi Mary Warner
- "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
-- George Washington
- "A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."
-- Len Wein
- "A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself."
-- Frances Ward Weller
- "There was a definite process by which one made people into friends, and it involved talking to them and listening to them for hours at a time."
-- Rebecca West
- "I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends."
-- Walt Whitman
- "Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success."
-- Oscar Wilde
- "A friend is one who walks in when others walk out."
-- Walter Winchell
- "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
|Rock with the Word Friends Beside Water|
Content copyright © 2014 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact