Westmoreland County is a county located in the state of Pennsylvania. It was founded on February 26, 1773, and was the first county in the colony of Pennsylvania, west of the Allegheny Mountains. Here are some links to help you if your ancestors are from this beautiful area of the United States.
- History of Westmoreland, PA
- Naturalization Records - If you use Google Chrome, you must go to your settings and disable Pop-Ups or allow for this website
- Real Property With Mapping, Civil Court, Marriage License Search & Estate Search
- Westmoreland County Genealogy Project
- Cemeteries – Central, Errett, Milliron, Saint Luke’s Reformed Presbyterian, Shirey & Snowball Cemeteries
- Old Westmoreland by Edgar Wakefield Hassler – free ebook online
- Early Migration to Westmoreland County, PA
- Westmoreland county, PA Genealogy
When I went to browse thru the PA, Births & Christenings 1709-1950, and put Westmoreland in the search engine, I came up with 614,835 hits! I also did the same search for Marriages 1709-1940 and came up with 126 results. There are many other databases on FamilySearch for this county, but these are a couple examples.
From Wikipedia, we find the following famous people from Westmoreland:
- David Alter – inventor
- Hutton Gibson – writer & father of Mel Gibson
- Shirley Jones – Academy Award actress & singer
- Arnold Palmer – golfer
- Fred Rodgers – television personality