Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
ASCAP Atlanta wants your music
ASCAP Atlanta will be hosting it's "Check It Out" Series. This event allows
artists, songwriters, & producers: the chance to be heard! The series affords members the opportunity to submit their music to an esteemed panel for both feedback and placement. They are requesting everyone to please submit their tracks to several ASCAP music creators for review consideration.
All submissions need to be sent to ASCAPMUSICATL@GMAIL.COM by Friday, May 17, 2013.
The "Check It Out" event will take place Friday, May 31, 2013.
Some of the featured panelists for the event are:
- Kawan "KP" Prather (Senior VP of A&R at Atlantic Records; Owner of Ghet-O-Vision Entertainment)
- Ray Daniels (Publisher at Rondor Music/Universal; Owner of R.A.Y.D.A.R Management)
- Dina Marto (Co-Owner & President of Twelve Music Group)
- Deshawn Kennedy (Talent Manager; Partner of Bangladesh Production Company and Record Label)
Additional Details for the event:
- Open to ASCAP members only
- Please e-mail two mp3 songs for consideration
- Please indicate in your e-mail, if you are submitting music as an ASCAP artist, songwriter, and/or producer
- Please also list your complete contact information (ie. phone number and e-mail address) in your e-mail
- Only a select few will be chosen each month
- Atlanta location will be disclosed upon being selected for the series
- For more information, including becoming a member, call 404-685-8699
Participants must be present. No representation allowed. Due to limited space, accepted participants are not allowed to bring guests.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), is a membership association of more than 460,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers of every kind of music. Through agreements with affiliated international societies, we also represent hundreds of thousands of music creators worldwide. We are the only US performing rights organization created and controlled by composers, songwriters and music publishers, with a Board of Directors elected by and from our membership.
They protect the rights of ASCAP members by licensing and distributing royalties for the non-dramatic public performances of their copyrighted works. Their licensees encompass all who want to perform copyrighted music publicly. The organization makes giving and obtaining permission to perform music simple for both creators and music users.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Candace Walker. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Candace Walker. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Candace Walker for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.