Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Pirates Of The Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest
The pirates were back in “Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest”. This time around Captain Jack Sparrow had to settle a debt to the greatly feared Davy Jones. In order to keep from being forever enslaved as one of Jones’ crew, Jack goes on a quest to find the heart of the dreaded pirate. In so doing, Jack needs the help of his old friends, Will and Elizabeth, who have other motives for obtaining the chest. While you’re watching this adventure, here are a few movie mistakes to look for.
· At the beginning, Governor Swann approaches Cutler Beckett and Beckett hands him the first warrant that’s supposedly for Will’s arrest. It cuts to a view of Elizabeth and Will and then back to Beckett and Governor Swann, who is now hold papers in both hands.
· Two fishermen fetch Jack’s hat out of the ocean. It cuts to a view of the Kraken coming through the water towards their boat and it shows the fishermen again. In the first view, the fisherman wearing the hat, has the pointed part of the brim over his forehead. It cuts to a far view and then a close-up as the boat starts to rock. The fisherman now has the flat part of the brim over his forehead.
· Beckett walks into his office carrying a lantern after Elizabeth has escaped jail with the help of her father. The view from behind as Beckett is standing against the table in his office shows that the handle on the lantern is up. When Elizabeth is holding the gun to him and leads him back to the table a few moments later, the handle on the lantern is down.
· Pintel and Ragetti are in a rowboat with the dog when it gets flipped over by the waves. As they’re trying to get out of the surf, Ragetti yells “come on” and he’s almost to shore with Pintel following behind him. It cuts to an overhead view and the two are even in the water. There is then a front view as they make it to shore and Pintel is once again in front of Ragetti.
· The cannibals are about to torch Jack. After one of the cages tumbles, one of the tribe members runs across the bridge to the others. In the front view, when he yells, he’s wearing the earring in his right ear. In the close-up, it’s in his left ear. It cuts to another front view and its back in the right ear.
· Davy Jones has captured Will. When he notices Jack, he suddenly appears on the decks of the Black Pearl. When Jones comes aboard, there is a silver coin dangling near Jack’s right ear. As Jack is backing away, the coin is gone. But just as he turns to speak to Davy Jones, who has walked behind him, the coin is back. It’s gone again a few moments later, when Jack looks at his hand after Jones grabs it.
· Elizabeth is scaring the crew of the ship with the bride’s “haunted” dress. The lantern on the boat gets knocked over. Captain Bellamy stands up and points with his left hand/arm extended and says “over there”. It cuts to an overhead view and he’s pointing with his right hand.
· When Elizabeth walks towards Jack and Gibbs on the dock in Tortuga, her right shirt collar is tucked under the strap that’s across her shoulder. It remains that way throughout the scene but in the full view, when Norrington says “you hired me”, the collar is above the strap. It’s back under a few moments later when she calls Jack’s name. In the wide, front view as Jack starts to walk with her, it’s over the strap again. But it’s under again in the close-up. It’s also over the strap when Jack mentions “saving brave William”, but tucked back under when he shows her the compass.
· Jack is rowing away from the Black Pearl when it’s being attacked by the Kraken. In the close-up, rear view of Jack, he looks over his right shoulder towards land and the compass is open in front of him. It cuts to a front view as Jack turns around and he grabs the compass and opens it.
“Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest” (2006) stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Jack Davenport, Bill Nighy, Jonathan Pryce, Stellan Skarsgard, Tom Hollander, Kevin McNally, Lee Arenberg and Mackenzie Crook. It runs 151 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of adventure violence, including frightening images.
Play our Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Quiz!
What's your favorite "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie? Tell us in our Pirates Forum Poll!
Get your copy of "Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest" here:
Content copyright © 2013 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.