How To Maintain A Positive Attitude
These past few months have been particularly troublesome and challenging. So how do you get through one of those days or weeks and still have a positive attitude at the end of the day (or week?) By following Cyndi and Jill's suggestions. They write about more than changing your mental attitude, you will find that the physical attitude matters too. How you dress and your surroundings can have a positive or negative effect on how your day goes.
A few things you can do to put a positive spin on a bad day:
1. Have a cup of tea or coffee while you take a few minutes to regroup your thoughts.
2. Take a deep breath and count to 10 so you can better control your emotions.
3. Before tackling your next chore or assignment, instead of thinking about what's wrong with this day, think about what is right with it. Think about the things you are grateful for in your life.
4. Step away from your workspace or desk. Stand, walk, stretch. I like to look out of my living room window while I stretch. Get up, walk, stretch. Doing this may help to lighten your focus on your immediate problem; the problem won't disappear but you may be able to see it from a different perspective.
5. Do something wonderfully positive for yourself. Call and chat with an upbeat friend, (Do not call an angst-ridden friend, you have your own today.) Look at vacation photograph's or any photo that makes you smile.
Taking upbeat mental and physical actions throughout the day really can make staying positive easier and your days less difficult.
I must confess that I do not work in jammies nor do I have a pair of bunny slippers, but you understand what I mean.
This book published in was 2003 but the content is relevent in today's fast-paced world, it gives ideas about staying positive and getting ahead in life. It is still available from Amazon and may be available at brick and mortar stores as well. It's Your Move: Dealing Yourself the Best Cards in Life and Work
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Vannie Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vannie Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.